The police in Sacramento, California’s state capital, have some damage control on their agenda after the discovery of a cache of old fundraising t-shirts. The NAACP, who consider the controversial images part of a larger pattern of “violent behavior and misconduct,” are calling for an FBI investigation. The department had already been in the media eye after shooting suspect Tyrone Smith was killed in custody in late October. The t-shirts depict a small child in the Keane school of big-eyed kitsch kids clutching the bars of a jail cell accompanied by the caption “You raise ’em. We cage ’em.” They are funny, sad, insulting, bigoted, perverted, insightful, sick, twisted, wrong, right-on, et cetera, ad infinatum – and probably bringing in more money on eBay and the secondary market than they ever did originally.
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression