Search Gay Highwaymen
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
Tag Archives: Boots
Hosted by Mark I. Chester, an institution in the San Francisco gay art scene for a long time now. Best known as a photographer, Chester is also an underground artist who opens his SOMA studio to regular life-drawing sessions, including the monthly Hot Draw! – Devoted to fans of kinky gay male erotica. Themes of power, control, submission, fetish, gear, S/m and kink galore dominate at these events. Pictured here is Dan Becker’s quick sketch of artist Richard Bolingbroke’s sub bear paul on all fours. That would be Bolingbroke’s boot: good bear! More on Hot Draw! here. Interested in getting your hot self in front of Chester’s hot camera lens? That can happen, too. Information here.
What do you get the Bootman who has Everything…including a Santa fetish? Rocket Buster Custom Boots in El Paso, Texas makes these and can make just about anything else you might think up for boots. Wild! They also make leather X-mas stockings…stuff That!
This is new from JoJo Mendoco. “XV.1” 2011. Mixed media on paper. Based on a drawing from 1989 by “Les” for the 15 Association, San Francisco. Influenced by Japanese Manga forms and European and American 20th century gay erotic artists. Want more? For a red-headed bukake boy, click here; for a hot two-on-one: here.
This sort of thing happens too often. Wonderful Willie Walker, friend of this site, and founding member of the Gay and Lesbian Historical Society, used to dumpster-dive the estates of deceased gay men whose “families” would throw away their collections in shame. Walker – a hero to gay historians and a legend among archivists of any stripe. We miss you, you little weirdo.
Western art is built on the bodies of naked ladies. They call it “The Nude.” The ancients understood the beauty of the male body. We understand it. But – and this is for artists and collectors especially – the folks might not. Make wills, make bequests, make sure your lover has power of attorney, give gifts to the young gays and make sure the good stuff gets into good hands. Generations coming up will need their history. We are making it now and it is our responsibility to make sure it survives.
Meantime, any information on Michael Palmer, gay artist living in San Francisco in the 1980’s would be much appreciated.
For a bit on Chicago-based artist Etienne, click here.