Search Gay Highwaymen
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sápa
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
Tag Archives: Gay
Nice view! Waikiki beach. When the ex-Texan was here many years ago when he was in the Navy, he met a young Hawaiian guy and they had sex. In the surf and again under a banyan tree. Ex-Tex sure couldn’t take his new pal back to the ship and the boy still lived with his parents. So beach and bushes it was! Mymymymymymy Papaya!Fried Rice. Nice!Peace. Love. Barbecue and eggs Benedict. All at the Outrigger overlooking Waikiki beach. Later: pics of sweet-looking beach boys!
The Mayor of Folsom Street! The exhibit at the Center for Sex and Culture opens on Friday and this is installation week. So, here’s the sneak! Above, memorial Leather Jacket by Bill Bowers. Bill is a former Cockette and long-time Queer Underground couturier. Cool art kid Rik Lee is doing his website these days. Check it out! He’s even done stage wear for Keith Richards the Rolling Stone. Dig! Alan dressed Metal bands and did foundation garments for punk fashion queen Vivienne Westwood, so having Bill’s tribute jacket as a centerpiece for this show is pure copacetic.
Worn Levi’s 501s, the crotch has been mended with leather and has worn through yet AGAIN! Damn, Dad. With Malebox jockstrap and an assortment of “friendship” pins, including one from The 15 Association. Alan, the original “Mr. S” was at the founding meeting, and was a long-time honorary member of this 35 year-old San Francisco-based men’s S/m fraternity.
A bit of politically charged inter-species homoerotic textile, tastefully decorating a bit of ursine chest. End of the world monster love rules. Ok! Photo Gay Highwaymen. shot in the patio at the Forest Club in Ukiah.
Happy Birthday, Harvey. You would have been 84 years old. And yesterday was the 35th anniversary of the White Night Riots. The Texan was there and had this to say about that: “I was there. Much has changed. If I were in San Francisco today I would throw Flowers at City Hall!”
Hey, Hippie Birdy, Harvey. Here’s something for you: words, words, words…now glowing pixels maybe making a mark in the brightly-lit on-line world of today. No: no apologies.
What is writing? Staining sheets. While écriture is understood as operating on a symbolic level, the physical act of mark-making is grounded in materiality. Ink on paper, cum on the bedspread and bloody clothing of all sorts share the pull of the gaze…
Just a preview. To download the pdf of the article A Martyr in the Archive: the Life and Afterlife of Harvey Milk’s Suit click here: JonesMartyrArchives