Search Gay Highwaymen
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- wabi-sabi dandy
Tag Archives: Street Art, Grafitti, etc.
Ocularpation is a project of New York artist Zefrey Throwell. It started in San Francisco in 2008, and has apparently found a plum context in the ongoing occupation of Wall Street. The image here is from an August iteration of the project, before the current occupation got under way. Throwell says of the neologism and the project: “Ocularpation is a new contraction. Its root comes from occupation, with the dual connotation of both a job done for money, as well as a military or strategic encampment. Ocular, or pertaining to the eye, cements the meaning of the word in a visual context. This is an act of optical guerilla office bivouac.” In short, miming office work in the buff in some of the major financial centers of the world. Of course, some of the naked artists have been arrested. Throwell bails them out. But what about the real criminals…? More Ocularpation here.
Is this an example of the city’s attempts to keep its Yiddish-speaking citizens safe when they cross the street (“Kook” is Yiddish for “Look,” the usual word spray-painted in SF crosswalks)…or a graffiti artist’s commentary on the eccentricity of San Francisco’s citizenry?
Seen on Folsom St. in the Mission.
Banksy! We snapped this shot on 9th St between Folsom and Harrison Streets in San Francisco’s SOMA (South of Market) district some time back. Popped up “just so” during last year’s run of Exit Through The Gift Shop.
Hey, B,…if you ever want to extend your marvelous marks into the rural fabulosity of NorCal, you are invited. Hospitality, anonymity, great groovy walls and other cool surfaces guaranteed!