Search Gay Highwaymen
Join 82 other followers
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
Tag Archives: Castro District
Seen in an exam room at Magnet, the Castro District health service spot, art gallery and de facto community center. The cartoon syphilis sore was part of an education campaign from about ten years ago called “Healthy Penis.” And spotted dick is something Brits eat. Seriously.
Via friend of this site SMG. The Leather flag replaces Gilbert Baker’s Rainbow flag that normally flies above the Castro District.
This odd couple is on patrol in San Francisco’s Castro district. We were struck by the picturesque contrast. For more sights seen in and around the village, click here.
The GLBT History Museum that just opened in the City is making news in (among other places) Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Serbia and The Ukraine. This just in from Belarus. From curator and friend of this site Gerard Koskovich, who is always looking for new and better multi-lingual search strategies. For an original content slide show from opening night, click here.
Church calls these highly-manipulated photographs MENdalas, a take-off on the meditative mandalas of Hindu and Buddhist iconography. The show opened with a splashy reception that drew such luminaries as Donna Sachet, the first lady in red of San Francisco drag, and Mark Leno, State senator for district 3, which includes the city and county of San Francisco and Marin and Sonoma counties. Church is donating 100% of sales to Magnet and to the Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy. Sales were brisk at the opening, with more than half the work sold by evening’s end. Sister Dana Van Iquity, SOPI, wrote a review for the San Francisco Bay Times. The show continues at Magnet, located at 4122 18th Street at Castro, through the end of September.
On the eve of San Francisco’s annual Gay Pride parade and celebration, a young man was shot and killed. Another man and a woman were wounded. The suspect is in custody and the weapon has been recovered. The victim, Stephen Powell, and the suspect are both 19 years old.
In recent years, the Halloween celebration in the Castro has been plagued by “bridge and tunnel” violence, including some fatal incidents instigated by straight youths who use the masked occasion to settle beefs imported from the ‘burbs. It is not known at this time whether this incident was gang-related, gay drama related, a bashing…or what.
In other news, former Mr. SF Leather Ray Tilton reports via Facebook that he was roughed up by four unknown assailants outside of the 440 Club, site of the former Daddy’s bar. He is shaken and sore, but otherwise alright.
Local news and KPIX video is available at the CBS news channel 5 website.