Search Gay Highwaymen
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
Tag Archives: Advertising
These days, this little fellow would probably get the censors in an uproar. In the early part of the 20th century, this image provoked no such concern. Does that make that era a “more innocent age” – as many might suggest? At that time, a kid this age could as easily have been working in a factory or attending a lynching as gracing the cover of a respected magazine half-naked. Innocence is overrated. And security is an illusion.
In the classic Greek myth, the god Zeus assumes the form of an eagle to carry off the beautiful youth Ganymede and have his way with him sexually. A rapacious bunch, those old pagan deities! In the early 20th century, Anheuser-Busch adapted the story to advertise Budweiser. Kinky bunch, those old Victorian admen! This image circa 1904.