Search Gay Highwaymen
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
Tag Archives: Soldiers
These two are just too cute. Barely more than kids, as soldiers usually are, they are caught in a complicated history, their own personal stories intertwined with that of their country at war. Vets, and children of vets, understand how one can despise war and still honor warriors. Many of us still carry the physical and emotional effects of conflicts long past. “It’s complicated” – as they say on Facebook. War is hell, but it is also boredom. In these media days, that’s easily taken care of with a camera and a YouTube account. The Internet is awash with interesting videos made by soldiers with time on their hands. These two mess around to Soulja Boy’s Donk. For a great Lady Gaga Telephone re-do, click here. For an interesting musical political commentary, based on a lyrical re-working of the Beach Boys’ classic Kokomo, click here.
Soldiers spoof Beach Boys Kokomo: “Protecting human rights, air strikes and firefights” – “Kosovo” video
This anonymous group of soldiers re-does The Beach Boys Kokomo with a hyper-critical anti-war edge. Plus they dance with their shirts off.
“Croatia, Albania, somewhere near Romania. It’s Euro. And NATO. Why the hell do we go? Somalia, Grenada, a rescue in Kuwait, well screw you, Rwanda. Wish we could have helped you.
Protecting human rights. Air strikes and firefights. And we’ll be dropping our bombs wherever Serbian bad guys hide, right up from Kosovo.”
So it’s a dated war. Meet the new war. Same as the old war. These guys got it.
For a parody of Lady Gaga’s Telephone by soldiers in Afghanistan, click here.