Search Gay Highwaymen
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
Tag Archives: Leather Family
One of the earliest and most popular uses of photography continues to be among the most common. Snap! This is a family photo. Here’s to chosen family! And to photography…the truths it reveals and the lies it tells. Sometimes, it is more important that a story be interesting than completely accurate….
We learn from our elders and teach the young. And sometimes vice-versa. As a community that has collectively lost so many and so much in the last three decades, it is more important than ever that we pass on our best traditions to the generations coming up. It is equally important that we incorporate the fresh energy and ideas of youth into our clubs, institutions, dungeons and families. Make no mistake about it: this is a family photograph. It is a scan of a wet-plate ambrotype, a singular photo on black glass, a 19th century process turned towards 21st century subject matter. Taken by Eric Robinson as part of a project in which he made portraits of Leather families in San Francisco. July, 2010. For more on Eric, click here and here.