Have a ball! It’s the original sack lunch. They are called Testicle Festivals or Ball Balls, and they are popular annual events across the American West. It’s how young bulls become steers. Following the mass castrations of male cattle, local communities come together to feast on their excised gonads: the famed “Rocky Mountain” or “Prairie” oysters. Yum! Here, an avid nutter goes for his favorite dish. Most people cook them. This dude is hard core! Festivals range from the drunk and rowdy to the strangely evangelical and family-oriented. “Have a Ball for Jesus!” is the slogan of one Texas fest. Thanks to Jake Hale for sending us down this road. For more strange food, click here.
Search Gay Highwaymen
Join 82 other subscribers
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression