Should People Receiving Entitlements Be Allowed to Vote? I get the sense that whoever made this sign doesn’t think so. Seen on the side of I-5 in Washington state.
Search Gay Highwaymen
Join 83 other subscribers
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
I’ve asked myself similar questions more than once as part of a larger quandary of mine involving franchise and taxes.
America was at least partially founded upon the idea of, “No taxation without representation.” It seems to me that the converse, “No representation without taxation” holds a fair amount of logical validity as well and the entitlements issue plays into that larger question.
And there’s an old adage of disputed attribution:
Which is quite on point in this matter.
chances are better than not that the signmaker receives entitlements that are not viewed as such…
Pingback: Politics 101: Entitlements | Hotspyer – Breaking News from around the web
Pingback: What If We Called Babies ‘Entitlements’? | The Deliberate Observer
If they sold stock and received the special 15% capital gains tax rate entitlement, they did. And unlike Social Security, that I paid into for 40 years, they did nothing to deserve it.
But I’d gladly give up my vote if everyone who sold stock did so too.
Pingback: This Week’s Cartoon: Entitlements 101 « SlowpokeBlog