British-born industrial music pioneer Peter “Sleazy” Christopherson has died in Bangkok, Thailand at the age of 55. With Genesis P-Orridge, Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti, he was one quarter of the influential early industrial music / performance art ensemble Throbbing Gristle, slyly named after Brit slang for an erection. Christopherson later musical projects included Psychic TV and Coil, which he formed with his partner, John Balance. In addition to music, he was also an accomplished photographer and video director with credits including videos for Marc Almond, Diamanda Galas, Nine Inch Nails and The Rollins Band. Coil’s version of Tainted Love is a beautiful, chilling reworking of the classic through the lens of three decades of AIDS. Christopherson died in his sleep on November 25th, 2010.
Search Gay Highwaymen
Join 82 other subscribers
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Maštíŋčala Sáŋ
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression