Wild Giants fans dance around a bonfire at the corner of 22nd and Mission, jamming percussion on tin cans and street signs, pummeling them with skateboards, chanting and dancing, wild and ecstatic. Riot or street celebration? So far, the damage is only to property. But when a car plows into the crowd, things turn ugly. The mob reacts; the police arrive. Night sticks come out. Cameras flash. The new pose of civilian surveillance: hand up; phones out. Snap. Snap. We’ve come a long way, Baby, from Rodney King. A voice from the crowd offers sage advice: “Keep on stepping back, Man. You don’t want to get close to this!” Point well taken.
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Drying shorts O’ahu style
- Board boys are a bit bored…
- Waikiki brunch and a bit of olden daze sex…