Originally from California, 24-year old Justin Sears lives in NYC now. He does fairly large-scale realistic illustrative pieces on wood. No color splash, here, and no wall-to-wall paint. The narrow color range is all in the foreground, while the wood supports provide all the negative space. Subject matter is men, myth, masculinity with a distinctly surreal edge. His big portraits, like this one of a hot ash dude, are fairly strait-forward, while his historical and re-workings of classic themes bring most of the twists. He describes his work as a “masculine mix of industrialized pop art on organic surfaces.” See more at his website. Oh, he designs leather clothing, too. Cool!
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…
- Drying shorts O’ahu style
- Board boys are a bit bored…
- Waikiki brunch and a bit of olden daze sex…