Balbir Krishan was attacked on January 5th in New Delhi, India at a gallery at the Lalit Kala academy, where he was exhibiting his work. The masked attacker kicked the double-amputee artist, destroyed one of his paintings, and shouted anti-gay slurs before escaping. Kick a gimp, ruin some art and run…sounds like a real stand-up guy. The show, called Out Here and Now, focused on homosexuality as a theme, and Krishan had been getting angry phone calls in the days leading up to the incident. More on this story from The Advocate’s Neal Broverman here. From the Hindustani Times article by Aakriti Sawhney, here. And for Cali Manga artist JoJo Mendoco’s take on war, gay life and lost limbs, click here. This last one is NSFW!
Search Gay Highwaymen
- Spiny Lumpsucker
- Gay Activism and Iran: Do Western Activists Do More Harm Than Good? (Link to article by Scott Long)
- Emigrant: The Other White Meat?
- Obama Loves Queers! (Except Not)
- Hot (the bad kind) in the Mission
- HuffPost Gay Voices: Liberian Anti-Gay Group Issues Hit List, Governments Do Nothing
- Exotic, Fresh, and Fruity: Seen at the Asian Market
- Deadly Beauties
- More boy love/lust graffiti in SF
- “I WHAT Cock?” – Construction Sign Self-Expression
- Sights seen at International Mr. Leather in Chicago
- Rats! For real. Sight seen at IML.
- Noh Gaze Aloud…don’t be Meme!
- Gay Highwaymen correspondent AidanAbroad sends pics from China…
- Married at last! Gay pair make it official on 30th anniversary…
- Island hopping…
- Mussel Otter wants to…
- I know you like poke…
- Water bags for water boys?
- Inky gods’ stray musings from the Prophat of the Church of More Men…